Thread: [WIP] Gone Asiatic 3
View Single Post
Old 04-27-19, 07:02 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

You are running into what I sort of pointed out to The Kraken Wakes in spawning. If you are like lurker_hlb3, and you're only going to spawn a group one time and one time only, you can use a text editor and set the "RepeatInterval=1" and the "DelayMinInterval=1", and the group would spawn in two minutes, but you would have to make absolutely certain that the Max Groups Instances Created is ONE (1), and the Max Number of Units is no more than the maximum in your group's definition, else you may have 10,000 RGG coming out one after the other every minute... If you instead want to use the RGG for multiple spawns, then you'll have to set the RepeatInterval to the desired frequency, such as 736 hours (44160 minutes or 30.6667 days), and then if you are starting on December 8th, 1941 at 0800 hours, you would set that group to spawn on November 7, 1941 at about 1555 hours, so that the first spawn is at your start time. Adjust the RGG's spawn as necessary to show up when you want it to. Just remember that some text edits you make are ruined by the Mission Editor, and you don't even have to Save the file. Open it and click on an "Accept" button for just about anything, and the ME will alter your file without telling you... sort of like what Windows does with mods in the Program Files folder.

One thing that I have recently "discovered" about the Mission Editor is that it does NOT "play" the scenario correctly under certain conditions. Condition one being that you've used the "player" and run through the scenario, and discover you want to make an edit. You do so, and go to play the scenario again. Hmmm... still not quite right. Further edits and now something else has gone whacky... what thuh? What happens is that the ME gets confused like the game does, and once you make an edit, it's like the ME can't find it, or it uses the edit on another RGG somewhere else. So make your edit, Save, and then Exit the ME, open it again, and open the file again and play the scenario. It doesn't always happen, but enough that it can definitely drive you bonkers if you let it... It is worse if you "Merge" files for comparisons between say the HarborTraffic and TaskForce, to make sure you aren't going to get run over by an Ise...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote