View Single Post
Old 12-21-17, 09:13 AM   #5610
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr 43 View Post
... I am able to save/load successfully for the time being. I am seeing more random CTDs than I was before. In the USS Bang out of Brisbane, Jan '44, off the east coast of Luzon, I came across a convoy. I saved regularly and I'm glad I did, because it crashed 2 separate times during the battle in which I was ultimately DC'ed to bits...
Very much a symptom of those Saved games you tried to re-load. Cross-contamination that is now in your current Save folder. I was going to mention that if you tried to re-load them, to re-install the game again afterwards when they didn't work. Another thing, be careful with your Steam start. There's that setting for "update application" that will try to restore the original Steam files, and has been known to partially overwrite a mod, yet leaving the mod partially in-place, such that you've got the infamous undesirable version of mod soup. You'd probably be better off de-activating FotRSU and then re-installing SH4 again, and forgetting about your current career (again)... sorry. That does sound like a cross-contamination from the old Save files though...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote