View Single Post
Old 10-16-18, 04:53 PM   #10999
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Something has changed since V 2.2.8 in the hydrophone station...

Now we can have all the TDC dials with the notepad right button, but we have lost the hydrophone man speech when clicking this button on a unknown contact...

That’s a big lost IMHO, because we are unable to hear if the unknown contact is closing or not, and most of all we can’t lock/follow it anymore (apart of manually follow it)
I can clearly hear the unknown contact, but the hydro man doesn’t!
(Before update, clicking the unknown contact, the hydro man could hear it —-> hence his speech)

I'll check it out...Can you post few pictures of the problem because we both know that understanding each other is our weak side...

EDIT:
Nope...nothing has changed regarding hydrophone station except I have removed non functional "send to TDC" button.
Note that what you hear while using hydrophones and what your AI sonar man can hear are completely different things. AI sonar man have realistic deaf angles and depth dependent detection ranges while you can hear all directions without restrictions. It's a game limitation and it has always been like that.

"Unknown contact" means that the contact is currently outside of Beno's (realistic) detection parameters and you can only try to position your boat to avoid deaf angles, dive deeper to reduce surface noise effect and increase detection range or to literally reduce range to contact. "Silent state" will also have positive effect on detection range ect, ect...

With both GHG and KDB sensors equipped, Beno will also be able to hear almost 360 deg around the sub with a very small deaf angle at approximately 170 deg due to conning tower which is blocking rotating KDB sensor. This the most realistic hydro configuration which will also "justify" previously mentioned game limitation IMO...

Last edited by vdr1981; 10-16-18 at 07:21 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote