View Single Post
Old 09-03-18, 08:55 AM   #6545
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
I tried playing this mod the other night. just kept bringing me back to Windows with no error message. applied the 4g ram patch and still did the same thing. whats going on? is it me not catching something or is it just cause this is still in beta? i was running a War Patrol mission with the Gato in 1942. i also noticed these transparent grey blob things floating in the air right above the bridge as well.
... and to add to what CapnScurvy mentions - if you are indeed trying to run one of the War Patrols, and keep trying the same one, we have found three Patrols that had accidentally stocked themselves and their anchored Task Forces with opposing vessels ( ), which is a recipe for crashing the game. I don't recall the problem files' names, but try a different one if you insist on doing a Patrol. There are also issues with a Single Mission scenario, and there might be issues with 3 of the Sub School missions, but those run. You just might not have full Briefing descriptions. We are currently applying body putty to the dented fenders of the next release, and all those 'scenario' type files should work. The Career modes should function. When installing mods, remember:
1. You must have a clean Save folder, either by emptying its contents, or by use of MultiSH4
2. The game should be a "fresh" install, no previous mods (MultiSH4 & / or SH4CMS)
3. The game cannot be installed in a Windows "protected" folder, such as any "Program Files"
4. Be sure all files in the install are not write-protected before applying any 4G patch or mod7.
5. After running JSGME the 1st time & creating a MODS folder, run a "Snapshot" of the game files
6. When placing a mod in the MODS folder, be certain the folder paths are correct
7. Activate the mod and have fun!
Did I miss anything?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote