View Single Post
Old 03-19-18, 10:26 AM   #2373
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propnut17 View Post
Vecko a man with grit, determination and a vision.

I have the Steam version of SH5 and have just used the full SH5 Ver 2.2.3 expansion pack to upgrade to the latest version. To get to where I am now I first had to uninstall SH5 version 2.0.0 and I also uninstalled Steam. After numerous re-boots I finally had a PC that had no registry or file entries of any previous Steam/SH5 programs on my C:\ drive.

A fresh instance of Steam was installed on a separate drive (not C:\). Following the 2-page printed instructions I downloaded through Steam my SH5 in its vanilla glory. After a re-boot when I ran SH5 it failed due to there being no Uplay. I would have thought that Uplay would have been included in the Steam installation. I downloaded the Uplay installer and installed Uplay and registered.

On the second try SH5 woke the captain out of hes sleep and I knew all was on track. I downloaded the Ver 1.2.0 SH5 upgrade, but as the installation started, a window appeared indicating that this version did not require this upgrade.

Following the instructions Step-1 to Step-4 upgrading SH5 from Vanilla to Ver 2.2.3 was from that point simple and straight forward. Today I sailed into Danzig Bay, another satisfied customer.

To all who have added mods that have improved and enhanced SH5, from my side, a Silent Thank You.

Thank you very much for kind words Propnut17 and happy hunting!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote