View Single Post
Old 03-01-18, 05:35 PM   #366
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

No, I haven't had time yet, but after I do a few tests in the Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate mod, I'll give 9Delta2 another go-round and get back with you guys!

Edit 02/03/18 1445: OK, I am around the corner, and frustrated... - I've tweaked the eqp files, but those probably weren't it. All those "errors" in the Validator program are showing is that equipment is called for, but it's not in the DAT file. Said platforms were not encountered. However, after deleting the KSS and KCS references, I made it around the corner to encounter this fine specimen:

besides bristling with guns, there is a couple of holes in the stack...

Four torpedoes later from right at 1200m, and "Torpedo is a dud sir", "Torpedo is a dud sir", "Boom!", "Torpedo missed, sir."... Several minutes later, we have this:

... still doing 9 knots and zig-zagging...

Of note: 1. Cannot get to periscope depth from the short-cut key. They will call it out, but it never happens. I have to hit the "D" key and / or set it by clicking on the depth gauge. No biggie. Just be aware of it. Similarly, the speed telegraph doesn't function as inteneded, and all the higher you can get on it is Ahead Standard to display. The boat does seem to do the speeds "telegraphed" with the 4 & 5 keystrokes or clicked with the mouse, but the speed-set display doesn't change. 3. In 1942, is that more of a US torpedo issue than a German, by then? Impact triggers, btw. There's something that I'm forgetting...

Edi-editt: Now I remember... torpedo trails... I was using electrics. That is what was on my boat. I could not see any "trail" in the water from them, but the ship started avoidance almost immediately, like they were compressed air torps that had flags on them...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 03-02-18 at 04:09 PM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote