View Single Post
Old 03-09-16, 08:06 AM   #67
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warham View Post
Realy, there is info about torpedos in savefiles There isn't in SH4 savefiles. Torpedos was very expensive and I think bdu was not very happy when they were fired into the milk. interesting is game gives the penalties for it? If not i can give it. I am not greedy for penalties
OK, in CaptainLog.ini file you can find entries like this one...

Code:
[Log Entry 34]
ClassID=48C76BD;sLogTorpedoEntry
Type=8
Date=19401120
Time=85453
Blob=0
UniqueID=-6286536489219097451
EntryStatus=1
CreatedMissionStatus=false
EntryTitle=Torpedo in the water
Categ=-1
TorpedoEvent=1
You will not find info about the exact number of torpedoes used per patrol, but if you somehow "count" mentioned entries, you can reveal info how many fishes were used and even when...

You will also find similar entries but with EntryTitle=Torpedo missed, sir!. You shouldn't use these because, most of the time, there is good chance that torpedo will hit something even after our sonarmen declares "torpedo miss" (especially when shooting salvos).

Quote:
I don't know about bonuses/penalties for realism level. On the one hand everyone plays as he wants. On the other if you want to compare your achievements with other players want to compare it to those who play on the same difficulty. Any ideas about it?

About other cool features I'm open to suggestions
Currently, KSDCommander reads our Difficulty level from CareerTrack.upc file , right?
The main problem with this system is that it is unreliable. For example...You can select realistic settings when you start new campaign, and then if you change your realism settings while in the bunker (uncheck no external views, no map contacts ect) , realism level in CareerTrack.upc file will still be shown as "realistic".
Inside every savegame folder there is a file called "GameplaySettings.cfg" with entries like these...

Code:
[Current]
LimitedBatteries=true
LimitedCompressedAir=true
LimitedO2=true
LimitedFuel=true
RealisticRepairTime=true
ManualTargetingSystem=true
NoMapUpdate=true
RealisticSensors=true
DudTorpedoes=true
RealisticReload=true
NoEventCamera=true
NoExternalView=true
NoStabilizeView=true
MPShowPlayerNames=false
MPShowTorpedoes=false
NoShipHealthBar=true
NoGunProjectilePath=true
Maybe you can somehow make KSDCommander to read these values and let it decide on it's own which realism level should be displayed in the program... Something similar you have already done with medals , If I'm not mistaken...

Just my suggestions...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote