View Single Post
Old 07-28-17, 08:33 PM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Ooohhhh... they'll be able to open-source vega eh?... noice... I have never understood the idea behind the HDMI "audio" on the video card, other than as a way to prevent the user (owner) of the computer from playing a BluRay disk on his computer, without OS intervention...

Some versions of Windows, of and on over the years, dependent upon updates, will absolutely lock the owner of the computer out of their own home recordings of their own "LIVE!!!" band, of which the owner of the computer is a member of the band - LOCK them out of their audio file, if they recorded above 48kHz and / or 24-bits. Not cool. Windows 10 was the worst for quite a while, but Win7 even did it. All because there is a video card that has an HDMI port on it in the computer. DRM... Doesn't matter that I've got a "professional" PCI multi-channel audio card able to do 192kHz recordings at 32-bit depth, can't play 'em back on my own computer. I no longer attempt to record at such high sample rates anymore, but 96k is not unusual anymore...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote