Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 04-29-18, 11:27 AM   #5923
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

The planes are highly evolved from the Trigger Maru Overhauled mod's covey, and used to be known as "Ducimus' Evil Planes". In FotRS, AOTD_MadMax and his wrecking crew got ahold of them, and turned them into "MadMax's Evil Zombie Planes of Death, Destruction, Doom and Despair" (2MEZP4D - I just made that up... ). I jest somewhat, but I am surprised that you lasted through 15 attacks. I don't think I've survived past a fifth attack without having a bomb down the conn hatch or periscope shears. The idea for those two modders being that planes were to be avoided at all times, as in real life. The game can't properly 'model' the submarines' delicate nature without having it founder under odd circumstances, so some systems on the boat itself are "bullet-proof" (another pun-intended). With that, the use of "zombie" planes. I can assure you though, they can be shot down, but they are intentionally tough. Did you get bombed though? That is one thing that has been worked on. Hopefully, you mostly got strafed... - Another little point about the planes: As in TMO, they ~can~ see your boat underwater, upwards of 160+ feet down, dependent upon sea state, so don't go hanging around at periscope depth all day...

As with most other portions of the game, we are attempting to find a balance point for all aspects of the mod before we bring it out of 'beta' status. Once we get there, then we'll start working on mods for the player to 'tune' the AI the way they like, whether they think it needs to be easier, harder, or absolutely insanely tough (like zombie planes). Thanks for your reports Koinonos. We appreciate any and all input. We look into all reports and check to see whats going on. We might be a bit getting to this though, since we're trying to hammer out a few issues in the next version - some of them propbeanie-induced (yes, again... sigh).

As for the time in-port, can we have other users of the 'beta' report in please? Thanks

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote