View Single Post
Old 10-28-11, 02:54 AM   #2474
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

I have tested an uncounted number of wolfpack requests (probably around 50) in campaign mode with NYGM 3.5A.

The testing has been south of Iceland or near the Canary Islands, mostly in late 1942, some in late 1940, early 1941, early 1943.

As expected, there are very few wolf-pack attacks in late 1940/early 1941. The player is ordered to attack alone.

However, in late 1942, it seems that a wolf-pack is ordered to attack nearly every time that the weather is good (no fog/light fog and winds <8 m/s). However, if the weather is worse, wolf-pack attacks are rare.

In early 1943, the number of wolf-packs ordered to attack seems to be fewer than in late 1942. (But not much tested.)

In particular, in all cases, if first contact with the convoy is reported late in the afternoon (close to darkness), then the player is always (? - in my experience) ordered to attack alone. Contact reports do not seem to be required during the night in this circumstance.

I am using the 'less contact reports' option for testing purposes.

Most of the above has been in connection with testing of an upgraded version of my Surrender-Smoke-CAMship overlay patch for H.sie's V16A3.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote