Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-02-17, 10:37 PM   #4853
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Yes, CapnScurvy finally figured out a way to sneak some rum to the lush at the sonar cans. He's not to be trusted though, and must be under 24 hour watch... you never know when he'll revert.

Be sure you're getting the Game Play Settings the way you want them in the Captain's Office on-shore before you go out, which is done by clicking on the radio that sits on top of the left-hand side book cases. If you did that, and you're still not getting any duds, I'll trade you my torps... Last test mission out June 1942, I had five duds in a row to start the patrol... got three good ones, then another four in a row... yikes! I don't mind depth charge attacks and having to slink away quietly after an attack, but when four vessels get away because of duds... it can be very frustrating...

As for being seen, I've been shot at and hit by a shore installation in early 1942 from over 9200 yards out, at about 0100 hours, no moon... Time Compression is not your friend in enemy waters if you're on the surface and don't have radar. If you have radar, use it, hide and identify. Then plan the attack. In its present state, FotRSU is more difficult than TMO 2.5 in several key areas, especially in DD behavior, airplane behavior, ship behavior and land-based units behavior ( practically the whole game )... they all have the potential to be "superman". We have arbitrarily turned down some of the crew efficiency in the TaskForce layers, else you couldn't get within 10k of them, and you'd have 10 DD doing the wagon wheel on top of you, but we want to tweak the AI a bit once we get everything else in place first, so we know what's what to begin with. Carry on, sailor. Excellent report!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote