View Single Post
Old 08-27-15, 02:44 PM   #16
ColonelSandersLite
Captain

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Also there's a persistent problem with the bearing circles on the nav map where the scale is offset a degree and a half or so from our sub's track, I think to the right. I noticed, Colonel, that you commented on that during the video and how frustrating it is. You corrected to put zero on the bearing circle on your course. I always use the set course function and let the gauge show what it shows. Doesn't seem to matter much what you do.

I think Captain Scurvy worked on the orientation of the bearing circles and may have fixed them.
Mine's fixed. It's not captain scurvy's though. Way back when, there was no bearing plotter that was scaled correctly for 1080p that I could find. The one that came with TMO was a 3,000 yard bearing plotter that was off as described and scaled incorrectly at my native screen res. So I ended correcting the scale and orientation. This made the texture too big for the engine, so I had to chop it down to 2,000 yards. Dunno who made the original or even what version of TMO it came from anymore.

I've got a lot of little tweaks like that where I have fixed things that annoyed me over the years. As another example, my dog went nuts every time the bosun's whistle sounded so I edited it out of the sound effects. Recently, I got completely sick of the hour hand on the watch interfering with stopwatch functionality so I modified the watch into a pure stopwatch. The way I see it, there's an actual clock in the bottom right corner of the screen, I don't need two.

Come to think of it, I should probably release that stopwatch as a small mod soon.