View Single Post
Old 11-30-23, 06:44 AM   #1028
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzi View Post
Everything is correct, the question is how to make, for example, Kure Naval Base, which is not in sh4 at all?
Kure, like Rabaul, already has a "physical" representation of docks, as found in the Campaign_LOC.mis file:

To make that a Japanese Naval Base, you first open the Axis_NavalBase.mis file first, and then "Merge without Save" with the Campaign_LOC.mis file, so that you can "see" where you are placing your base. You then open the "Land" tab on the "Tools Pannel" (yes, they made a typo in the ME). Find the Japanese Roster, then click and drag the "-NB Naval Base" item with your mouse, and then drage and drop it where you want to place it. You probably want to change the "name" of the new naval base, but genereally, it is not necessary, since the ME will track how many items of that Class you have on the map already, usually rather well. The modder has to be careful with later text edits, of course. Anyway, when finished, you should have similar to this:

Most of the default settings for NavalBase items are good as they are, and some if edited will cause trouble. You can change the Crew Rating, as well as the Game Entry Date and Time, as well as the Game Exit Date and Time, of course, but do not alter the Cfg Date. The "Height" figure is auto-generated by the ME for the terrain on which the NavalBase is placed. The Heading is basically useless for the item.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote