View Single Post
Old 11-30-23, 06:17 AM   #1027
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzi View Post
Perhaps in the sh4 game universe there is no 3D object for the port of Rabaul.
I need to learn how to place 3D objects of new ports on the map, unfortunately I don’t know how to do this.
Using the SH4 Mission Editor to open the "\Game \Data \Campaigns \CampaignGE \CampaignData \Axis_NavalBases.mis" file, which is what the Japanese campaign uses as its "base", we see all of the NavalBases available in that side of the game:

In this image, I zoomed in a little closer, and "merged" without Save the Campaign_LOC.mis file, which when editing the German side of SH4, uses the "\Game \Data \Campaigns \Campaign" file, we see the "physical" representation of the "dock" there, which is a 3D and 2D "Map Location", edited by enabling the "Tools - Map location edit mode" menu item in the SH4 Mission Editor:

Note that the "NavalBase" is in the same location as previous, from the Axis_NavalBase file, and it on "land". Technically, you don't need the dock, only the NavalBase from the Land folder, and you have a working Naval Base. The dock is just the visual reinforcement for the players eyes of a working sea port...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote