View Single Post
Old 01-08-16, 05:55 AM   #1224
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@ACR:
Quote:
What i miss really and had in gwx was the nice Feature of free camera on deck and open hatch mod. Can it be done in nygm ?
I regret that free camera and open hatch mods are not available for NYGM, and are not really compatible with its philosophy (game-play, not appearance).

Quote:
i started with sh3 commander a test career in mid 1944 and was to my surprize able to peacefully sail the whole biscay bay and deep into the english channel before meeting the first pair of hurricanes. In 1944 it should be suicide i think.
Suicide after 1 June 1944, yes, when the Allies began air-sweeps in the Channel to protect the invasion of 6 June.
However, there were no U-boats in the Channel from January-May 1944. There would have been too few potential targets. So, no strong air defences.
There should, however, be very strong air coverage of the western Bay of Biscay from 1 January to about November 1944. (The Biscay U-boat bases were abandoned during October.)

@andqui:
Quote:
What additions do I need to make to SH3 commander to get its flotillas to match the ones in NYGM? I added all the cfg files from "sh3_commander_updates_for_nygm.7z" into the SH3 Commander cfg folder, but none of those implement the updated uboat types and flotillas.
The flotillas in NYGM were never updated for SH3 Commander. Probably an oversight, sorry.

@Sittingbear:
Quote:
Hi everyone, where can I find 'Harbor Traffic Add-In', as far as I know compatible with NYGM 3.6 F?
You can find Harbor Traffic Add-In in the folder NYGM3.6F\Documentation. If you use JSGME to install your mods (if not, why not?), then just copy the Harbor Traffic Add-In folder into JSGME's Mods folder.

Quote:
Also, theres some sort of incompatibility between those two:
Water stream for U-boats v4 and NYGN HiRes Submarines 3.6F, meaning, whatever enabled first, disables the second.
Last easily noticed result: water streams visible but no exhaust fumes.
U-boats v4 is not a recognised mod for NYGM. If it is causing difficulty, then why not just remove it? How many times do you want to look at water-streams?

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote