View Single Post
Old 06-02-19, 02:54 PM   #8226
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4rdliner View Post
Anyone has to fight with Crash to Desktop? I have it like every 30 Minutes, dont see an System when it Crashes, seems random. Would be not so bad, but in my last Savegame, i have an Enemy Taskforce about 20NM Infront, i dont see them but i hear them in the Hydro, on this save it Crashes every Minute. Load save -> 1-2 Minutes -> Crash. Maybe an Buggy ship loading results in a Crash?
I have only Sh4 and Fotrs, everything is installed correctly, an normaly works besides the 30 Min Crash.
Do you have the LAA applet enabled correctly on the SH4? Encountering a lot of traffic can and does bring a computer down if you do not have LAA enabled. Most of the Taffies are less than 24 vessels, but a few are larger than that. Throw in a few airplanes, and if the game is restricted to 2 gig of addressable RAM, you might crash, dependent upon the system.

Let us know your computer system specs, with cpu, amount of RAM, hard drives, OS (including whether 32-bit or 64-bit), but also the path where you installed the game, and as to whether or not you emptied the Save game folder ("C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" by default). Thanks

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote