View Single Post
Old 01-23-19, 02:41 PM   #1211
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

That's what THEBERBSTER linked to on the previous page.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...hp?p_faqid=231

About halfway down is the Steam method for doing it by hand if you only have one hard drive or partition. If you have a 2nd Windows hard drive or partition (NOT a system backup partition), then you can use the Steam app on your computer - not the online stuff - "Start - All Programs - Steam - Steam", and log into it (of course, it goes online... ). Once logged-in, get to the "Settings" dialog, either by "View" or the "Steam" menu choices. In the left pane of that window, click on "Downloads", then on the "Steam Library Folders" button up towards the top under "Current Libraries". That pops up another little dialog, and on it, you can click on "Add Library Folder" in the lower left corner. This will also open its own little dialog window, for the fourth one now (I may have lost count). Drill to where you want your folder, click on the "New Folder..." button, and - wonder of wonders - it will open another dialog window for you to type your folder name, and then click "OK". I think you have to click on "Select" on the fourth window now, to select that Library folder to use for installing... but you might be able to find it buried (about as deeply as this) somewhere in the install menus... You do have to re-install the game to use that new folder though. When I did the move-by-hand on my laptop, I removed most of the games that were in it prior to moving, so it wouldn't take as long, but it still took like four hours to do it... Read that Steam thread, and then read it again. Get it in your head about how you will proceed before you go to do the move, which ever way you do it.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote