View Single Post
Old 04-25-11, 09:57 AM   #93
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Default Saved games may not reload

When testing this mod extensively, and the depthcharges disturbance mod, for a new version of NYGM, I found that it was almost impossible to reload any saved game. (Releases of NYGM are tested with a full career.)

The problem of reloading saved games which then cause CTDs is very well known, and can have a number of causes, but I could not reload *any* game created after sighting any enemy unit (sea or air or convoy), evading it to a safe distance, then making a saved game. I could only reload a game saved soon after departing base, when no enemy had yet been seen.

By a tedious process of systematic trial and error, it became clear that it was one or other (or both) of the TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1.4_SH3 and the TDW_DC_waterdisturbance_V4.0_SH3 that was corrupting the saved game (almost certainly the Ship_Plane_Fire_Dame mod). Once these files were removed, it became possible to save and reload games again - subject to all the usual limitations!

This a great pity, because I think the Ship_Plane_Fire mod is wonderful in operation. But I cannot add it as it stands to NYGM. Sometimes one wants to save one's game.

Has anyone else noted this problem, not necessarily with NYGM?

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote