View Single Post
Old 07-02-17, 10:02 AM   #4842
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 443
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Was completing a mission out of Surabaya that started mid-February '42 when reveived message to all Asiatic fleet boats to change base to Perth. But, anchor is still tilted at Surabaya, so I went there to complete this mission arriving Feb 28 '42 at 01:34. After refitting, accepted a new patrol to South China Sea that started Feb 28 '42 at 00:00 hours! Quick refit huh! Even turned back time. And, anchor is still tilted at Surabaya, not Perth. Forgot to add this image,

Just making you aware if you didn't know already.
But, on the bright side, the sonar "issue" seems to be fixed, other than for the Submarine School Torpedo Attack mission I encountered the other day.
No problems installing Beta 62, have run thru a few missions starting Jan '42 with no in mission problems.
Happy to be aboard Boss
OK, the file time / date stamps are fine, and the dates in Flotillas.cfg are fine. What I'm guessing (I hate doing that) is the timing of your arrival did it jldjs. It's all that the game can do, given the parameters in the game's code. What you end up with is like a "Base Stop". Think of going from Pearl Harbor West to patrol off of Honshu, you ~always~ stop at Midway and top-off the tank. That is a "Base Stop". It should take at least 24 hours to make this move, but in the game, it doesn't even take 24 seconds and you get "Re-Fit Complete" and you're on your way again. That's what you get at Surabaya when you come in on the last day of the base's existence. You get no R&R, and the game is hard-wired to do the "Re-Fit" stuff first, for whatever reason. You gotta admit, it's a much better choice than getting a "Your boat has been captured by the Japanese while you and your crew slept!", so think of it as coming in and doing a "Re-Fit", but with a side-chore of a trip to the South China Sea... If you would have come in on the 27th, you would have gotten a 24 hour layover, and the same assignment, most likely. It'd be nice to be able to control these "Base Stop" thingies better, but oh well... I'm going to say "Functioning as intended" on this one. - NOT SO. More Evidence has been gathered, reply forthcoming - If you think of it next time when coming into one of the bases that are about to move, just do the "Re-Fit" and then head toward the anticipated base, which in this case would be Fremantle. Not much else to do.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-02-17 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Upon closer examination...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote