View Single Post
Old 07-10-17, 10:56 AM   #4936
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Interesting, I can hear them fine, TMO AI Jap sub and the midget sub, as well as the AI Sen Toku are audible to player on the listening gear. At longer range the light will green green and have to listen closely can hear them, they have a distinct sound in the sim. Sonar operator depending on skill, picks them up at max listed range of equipment, sometimes less.I do a trim drive around dawn or just after when on patrol and sweep with sound gear thoroughly, detected a sub I otherwise would not have this way since radar is a no go still and while i've improved the visuals for the watch, subs are still tough to spot at long distance(which is fine). Their sound is difficult to hear, very faint unless close(which is fine, makes them tough to locate, as subs tend to be) I'm just thinking the added element it will bring when have AI subs running around that can fire torpedoes at you instead of a deck gun.

Do you guys have them moving submerged yet? Everytime I try to add the AI Jap submerged, it just sinks and does not follow waypoints.

I'm just just on adding AI torpedoes to jap subs.I'd like to have them firing submerged, even if had to make a different AI sub that could only be submerged, have to run waypoints then when it reaches end, it "surfaces" by spawning another sub to run on surface.
You'll not hear the subs at low speeds, or standing still. You can have a "stock" or TMO AI sub sitting at PD, and it will stay there. Put yourself a sub in the ME in a Single Mission at -18, and put a ship of the same nation next to it, but not on top of, just sort-of close. Put your boat about 1500 yards away at PD (-18) so you don't get shot at. Now you can go look at the AI sub with the external camera. If you want to check for sound, put the ship just a bit behind and to the side of the AI sub, and have it do like 9 knots. As soon as you pop into the Single Mission, mark where the sip is after looking at it in the scope. Let the ship travel on. Check things with your sonarman, and get in there and question his abilities by sitting in his chair yourself, and put the cans on your ears. Depending upon the ship, you may or may not hear it. But where is that sub? Point the head in his general direction until you see that light turn Green, then "ping" him and see how close he really is... 'Fly' over there on external camera and make certain he's still there, then let 'im have it!... Follow your torp in for some fun... if you hit it, that is...

We do not have them moving while submerged, except when they're sinking... - Now, if you put them in a mission or campaign file, and the speed is set to anything above "zero", then they will "coast" until inertia and friction get finish with their tussle... The boat's "trim" should have it at zero gravity and "floating" at a constant depth... maybe...

If you have the subs firing while surfaced, they should be able to fire while submerged, although pollyfiller (I think it was) mounted a turret above the submarine so that it (the turret) would be on the surface and able to "shoot", else he didn't get it to do the torpedoes...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-10-17 at 11:06 AM. Reason: who was that masked mis-speller?...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote