Old 08-17-16, 01:59 PM   #392
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by granite00 View Post
Hi Propbeanie,

I have never had a replay file generated in my tests. My large file is always the "SaveFile.rep" file. I just ran a test with a Gar class and clicked the "Replay" checkbox while saving. That generated a "ReplayFile.rep" file, but that file was much smaller than the "SaveFile.rep" file.

If you re-run a test, try a Gar or Tambor class from Pearl in 1941. Both give me large save files at difficulty levels higher than Easy. The Porpoise and Gato (in later years) classes seem to work normally for me.
That is really strange. I just tried with a Gar boat, and the save file is a whopping 101mb, with nothing... Looking in the folder itself, and comparing the other saves to this one, there is a minimal replay file, as all the others. however, the SaveData.crp file is 15 times as big as it's closest "rival". The InstantSave.rep file is over 2 and 2/3 as big as the next largest, and the SaveFile.rep is an unreal 212 times as big... wow. It's stays that way after the next save... Is it "saving" the whole world, but not the way Superman would?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by granite00 View Post
You're game is generating a replay file even when you aren't checking the replay box?
Yes, the one Porpoise save toward the Marshall Islands had a replay save with it, which was just the boat traveling, encountering one Allied ship enroute... Very strange and very boring fare... The 2nd save of the campaign did not keep it.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote