View Single Post
Old 01-12-11, 08:28 PM   #88
Harmsway!
XO

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by harag View Post
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but does anyone know for sure if this is compatible with TDWs UI or "Mega Mod" mods ?

cheers
It is not compatible. Nothing bad happens it just that TDW UI keys override all the non-assigned letters on the keyboard and assign them to something else. It does not overwrite them but rather it overrides by wining the battle between the TDW user options file and the default commands.cfg file.

Since TDW UI doesn't actually touch the commands.cfg file you may find that many of the assigned keys in the commands.cfg (untouched by TDW) but reassigned by Commands Keys mod may work. But you will still have a mix bag of keys commands.

I'm sorry I'm having a difficult time explaining this but it comes down to each mod is after different things. The command keys mod changes the default keys back to the way they were assigned in SH4.

Bottom line is you can actually change all the keys you want in the commands.cfg file and still be compatible with TDW UI as long as you don't bother with his assignments from the user options file.

If you want to see what those are I have them listed in this post. Also below for your convenience.

Added key commands with NewUIs with TDC for SH5 by TheDarkWraith

X+Shift - Delete Marks HotKey [322]
X - toggle follow target [512]

X - AutomationScriptHotKey1[389]
U - AutomationHotKey[365]

C - reposition a mark on the map
V - edit the mark text associated with the mark on the map

M - most fuel efficient speed[104]
N - nomograph visibility[427]

C - display the heading/rudder dial[451]
Q - increase the desired heading when you mouse into the heading bar[471]
E - decrease the desired heading when you mouse into the heading bar