View Single Post
Old 03-29-17, 07:00 PM   #4365
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Wasn't the FM sonar added specifically for detecting mines?
and @ DicheBach: you just have to go slower than slow, like 1 knot, scope up a hair to let the light in just enough to see shapes that you're coming up on. You can see them, and in most places, they are not placed one right next to the other, but in some others, they are... I don't know how the FM works, nor how well it's incorporated into FotRSU, but from what I understand, you get little lines on the chart, like a ship's sonar blip... ??

@zeus, if you're referring to the page before, there are fewer CTDs overall now. I'm not sure when we got rid of the most of them, but like v26, with v54 close behind... ?? There are still several places, that given the wrong set of circumstances, which Truk still abounds with, that can contribute to a CTD. Your computer resources do play a role in that. One of the biggest things though is to be sure and empty the Save folder in your My Documents folder (SH4 by default) before starting a new version's play. Most of the times, the changes between versions are enough to cause a CTD, if say you have v56 and are playing a save from v55. You will CTD quite a bit, since some of the RGG groups have moved quite a bit... There have been minor changes to vessels also at practically every version, and that can cause CTDs between versions...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote