View Single Post
Old 10-12-17, 09:38 PM   #5387
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Well, try this: Download this SingleMission file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByH...ew?usp=sharing

Which is "PeriRadarTest.7z" with a Balao boat sitting facing North 000, and the Yamato on a 090 course going East from about 32nm West of you, and I forget how far North... It is March 15, 1945, off the coast of Baja, you are at periscope depth and stopped. Do like 1/3 ahead and you should pick them up before too long. I actually got a sonar report first, then right after that, the radar picked her up... Then it started to fall apart as I tried a few different things, such as TC, coming up to radar depth, going to 200 foot, and coming back up to radar depth... No more working radar... However, when I raised ~BOTH~ periscopes, I got the radar back "working", doing its sweep, but it would not pick the Yamato up again... Got a visual instead a while later. Closed for an attack, shot the 6 bow tubes at her, and after the first impact, the sound went all distorted and fuzzy. Not loud, thankfully, but very distorted to where I could not understand a word the crew said...

Now, this particular computer is due for an "overhaul" of the SH4 installs... However, the circumstances are similar to what you describe. Let me know if it is similar for you... If you should happen to accept this impossible mission Jim, and you or any of your crew are captured, injured or killed, the President will disavow your very existence. This SingleMission file should self-destruct as soon as we're finished this testing period, but we do not have the technology, and you will have to do it yourself... that is all. - for now.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 10-12-17 at 09:49 PM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote