Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-16-17, 03:52 PM   #5173
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

I may have discovered a contributing factor to what you encountered there mark bonamer. I'm not going to say it's the complete problem, because you weren't close to any shores from your description, but if you did get within the 20 km range of the Jap_HarborTraffic layer running at that time, which would mean about approximately 30km off shore for you, then the game trying to spawn some of the extra units may have brought the system down in performance. I had split the Jap_HarborTraffic.mis file into the six layers of most of the rest of the game, in an attempt to minimize the big file's impact by the time that late 1943 came along, and just about everybody would notice a "lag" when getting close to certain areas. What happens in the original file is that RGG spawn on top of themselves many times through the game, some RGG that move had no termination, and after a few years of that, there would be hundreds of some of the same groups. Osaka bay could turn into a parking lot. Players might experience crashes, there were groups of dozens of DD and / or CL vessels roaming about certain areas... The split idea I think is still a good one. However, I made mistakes in what was released, and on about a dozen or so RGG each layer, they're just as bad as they are in stock... other than there are now 6 times as many vessels by the time the 44b layer loads (six files now instead of one). Not cool. While what CapnScurvy is doing might still take a while, for me to fix this fully will take a few weeks, so I'm finishing off an add-in for Rockin Robbins to put onto a simmer in the mixing pot when it comes time, and we'll temporarily eliminate the layers, and go back to what it was before it got trashed by me...

This is not to say that there isn't something else going on in your game, because going that far with only 128x TC indicates there is something else going on also...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote