propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I have been running the following mods since v061:
FOTARSU Unmark Removal (gets rid of the my sub marker) and
Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visibility (self explanatory)

I received the offer for a new boat upon arrival into Brisbane on 12/03/1942, and was teleported and reassigned to Pearl Harbor that same day to receive command of USS Balao (SS-285). Been with her ever since that date.
... the early Balao Bug (maybe) rises its noggin above the horizon just enough for us to see its forehead maybe... I have completed Round 2 of testing files, and still no issues found. When you got the Balao boat originally, did it assign you a Pearl mission, and then have you go back to Fremantle, or did it give you a Fremantle mission, and have you go back to Fremantle? Or something else?

Now, in v0.71, we were attempting to limit the Balao from being assigned early, but it came never-the-less. We apparently cannot control the thing, in spite of the fact that the game does not show it (even in stock) as being available for public use prior to February of 1943, and at that, only from Mare (Treasure) Island. Pearl would be March 1, 1943, and Fremantle on July 1, 1943...

Can you look in your log, and tell what date it was that you left Pearl with the Balao, and do you know what that first assignment was? Pearl boats look to have enough mission assignments, while Fremantle-stationed Balao boats only have (had) five, which would then (in theory) repeat area assignments, and give the player other missions there not done yet. Generally speaking though, you would end up with a "Mission Objective not found" error, or repeating East China Sea area missions if it ran out of "chores" for you and your crew...

Does the "Lite Fog" seem to work OK, or do you get heavy fog? What is the enemy AI Visual like in it? As a side note, that overwrites the FotRSU scene.dat file, and has a few changes in it, which could well influence more than you realize, besides just the "fog" dds file. Make a back-up copy of your Save game folder, and then try backing off the "Lite Fog & 300' Visibility" mod, and see if that mission might possibly run - though it's liable to trash everything until you start a new career, or put everything back...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote