Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 09-27-17, 12:21 PM   #5345
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Don't worry about purging just yet. Go ahead and finish what you're doing, and we'll try to reproduce the effect on our computers.

Just to clarify: It doesn't matter where you are, when it is, just submerge, take TC all the way up, and then hit the <Backspace> key to go to the "Pause", and then come back to 1x with the <+> key? You had previously stated that going back into TC and then dropping back down gets rid of it? Is that by pressing the <-> key, or the <Backspace> key? Or does it matter? How about how deep were you? Had you by chance done <Alt><Tab> out to the desktop at any time while playing the game?

No other mods, and v0.63, correct?

Edit: OK, I've tried a Porpoise and a Balao boat, and cannot get it to do it. I've tried regular dives to PD, regular dives to 120 and Crash Dive to 150. Time Compression before, after and during. In the Control Room and the Chart Room (which was a point I forgot to ask previously - which "room" are you in when it does the noise you're hearing?). All I can get is a "catch-up" of the crew chatter, and sound effects missed while in TC. The crew in the Control Room "disappears" at 8x, and TC there is limited to 32x. At the Chart, I go to 2048x, and do not get the sound like you do. If I'm missing a step for you to get it, let me know.

Also, this is NOT a bother. It's very helpful. Any little thing anybody finds, we want to stomp it into oblivion, eliminate it, or find the root cause...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-27-17 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Tried and tried - updated
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote