View Single Post
Old 09-30-18, 12:37 PM   #29
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

So you're using a store-bought disk with v1.3 disk, upgraded to v1.4 with the Ubisoft file (downloaded from either here or there)? Or are you using a Steam v1.3, which is what you get when you purchase their "Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific"? If you have Steam, you have to use their "U-Boat Missions Add-on" to upgrade to v1.5. They do not do a v1.4... An easier solution for v1.5 is to purchase the full "Gold Edition". I still have v1.4 active on my old WinXP machine, but I have the Gold Edition as my regularly played game on the big computer (I have three copies of the game, and two of SH3... - yes, I are nutz... ).

My 2nd purchase of SH4 was a v1.3 disk, which I kept at v1.4 for the longest of time, it seemed, and I finally broke-down and bought the v1.5 UBoat Missions Add-on in like 2010 or 11. It is worlds better than v1.4, even though I seldom "Change Sides" and play the UBoats. If I do play the Uboats, I'm generally doing Operation Monsun by lurker_hlb3 - but I haven't tried KSDII yet either...

Big thing though, are you using any mods? Using a mod not explicitly made for v1.4 of the game can cause some strange issues (especially a torp-altering mod), if the game even runs at all. If the torps are Mk 14s, then you should be able to switch the speed, though sometimes it can be a bother getting the switch to click. You might have to go to your Torpedo Screen in the game, and look and make certain you don't have Mk 18s in there...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote