View Single Post
Old 05-08-17, 09:07 AM   #7
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The PL_ConteVerde is a problem child in all sorts of mods, and can be a source of ~bad~ cross-contamination... in some versions, it's a Type=103 for Passenger Liner, and in others, it'll be Type=109. Open the CFG files for it in

Game Folder / Data / Sea / NPL_Conte_Verde /
Game Folder / Data / Roster / Country / Sea /

folders, and using a text editor, make sure the Type lines in those match each other, and then use a "Find" function in your text editor and make certain all of your MIS files match those (especially the TroopTransport layers). Some of the files might be named "PL_Conte_Verde" or "PL_ConteVerde" or "PLConteVerde", or you might see "EuroLiner..." in the NPL_Conte_Verde Sea Folder - be sure the texture files match the calls also... The Type=109 is supposedly a "Rare Troop Transport" or maybe "Rare Passenger Liner" or similar, depending upon the mod... I can't think of any other ship in the game that has as many "manglings" as this one...

Mis-matching of the Type= lines and Class= lines usually leads to a CTD in the game, either when using the Recognition Manual, or shooting a torpedo at the vessel and then just as the torpedo makes impact. One type of error leads to the one CTD, a different error leads to the other, but I can't remember which is which... Similarly, one of those mis-matches leads to an error message as the Mission Editor loads a MIS file, and the other lets the ME load the file, but then you can't zoom-in or move around... either way, if you choose the "Properties" on especially the "bad" vessel, you'll CTD or even lock-up the computer, and possibly have to do a warm and / or cold start...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote