View Single Post
Old 08-19-17, 07:18 AM   #5191
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampantParanoia View Post
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, life got in the way and I've only been able to run SH4 yesterday and today! I've comprehensively been through every in-game graphic setting, none of them affect seeing the sun halo through vessels.

I've also been through every setting in the nVidia drivers and the only thing that fixes it is increasing antialiasing above 4x, which then gives a flat sun as described in the nVidia graphics tweaks thread. Other people reported the same issue waaaay back in that thread but nobody ever listed a fix so I suspect it's not a specific issue to FOTRSU.

From what I read in that thread nVidia drivers apply a transparency layer to all objects as a feature for image quality, perhaps SH4 doesn't process transparency normally so it allows the glare through solid objects like ship? The consensus is that it doesn't do antialiasing normally (hence issues above 4x) so it could be feasible, but I'm just guessing here.

I did notice in all my testing that when moving about in free camera that any wave action on water 'jiggles' slightly, it stops when you stop moving. Again this wasn't affected by any of my many many settings changes so not sure what's going on there either.
I'm rather sure we already pointed you at Nvidia tweaks to SH3/SH4, but just in case, there it is again. First page / post has a lot of changes for the later drivers, but read through that and the last couple-three pages, and see if you can find something... AA or whatever. Also, don't forget about the Windows settings on the SH4.exe file itself, where you right-click SH4.exe, choose Properties from that menu, then the Compatibility tab, and click in the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" (you could the Administrator setting also), Apply, OK, and see what happens

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote