Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 02-14-19, 12:22 PM   #7484
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

@ Admiral Lutjens: -Everything looks good... Use JSGME and de-activate the FotRSU mod, and try to run the game. It should start fine in Stock trim. On the menu, after you have the video set the way you want, try to start a Quick Mission, and see what the game does when you get into the boat itself, and are in the 3D world of the game. If it fails, then do another re-install of the game, and be sure and install the DirectX v9.0c that comes with the game. If it does run fine, then something is happening with the activation of the mod. It almost sounds like Windows is rolling the changes back. Do you have Win8 or Win10 there? Is it a 64-bit version of the OS? When you created that "E:\" drive, did you format it as NTFS?

What I am suspecting though, is that you might have issues with the current install, from the previous mod attempts. I had trouble with my SH5 and the TWoS mod, and could not get it to go on my laptop. I tried a couple of re-installs of SH5 from Steam, but Steam apparently does not do a "full" check of the files. It just looks to see if they are there. If they are, then it passes over them. I first tried "Clear download cache" (which took ~forever~ once I logged back into Steam), but it didn't get it to where the game could run. Next, after I was logged out of the Steam Client, I deleted the data in the SH5 install folder. There are several files that do not delete, since they're "locked", but I went one folder at a time (I do not remember where the "locked" files were) and got most of them deleted. Then I went into the Steam Client on my computer, logged back in, selected the game on the menu, right-clicked it and chose "Properties", then used the "Local Files" tab and clicked on the "Verify integrity of game files" button. It found "errors" finally, and re-downloaded the full game (which took a while - again!), and it worked after that. I don't know if you will end up with that, but you might have to, if the game install was trashed. Let us know though if it will completely load a Quick Missions scenario in the Stock version.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote