View Single Post
Old 02-24-19, 04:09 PM   #244
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
... Yep, that's a known problem;in practice collisionable units collide with the sea bottom several meters before they actually hit it. Add to that the other issue of AI units getting stuck in low waters before they actually collide with anything, and the picture is complete.

I don't remember whether the cause for the first problem are collision spheres protruding from the keel or what else but, IIRC, back in the days TDW had created a patch that solved the issue for SH5; it should be included in the last version of the patcher.
I am going to have to look into that... It seems sometimes like the game "drops" the ships into the water when it spawns them, and they sometimes "bounce" and then run shallow, or "bounce" and get damaged and then ride low in the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
That is an anomaly spotted in SH4 near Turk.
We believe it is caused by extra bytes added to the modified terrain files when recompressed to ZHF files.
Or bad editing of edge pixels before recompression.
Since I'm so-oh good at bad edits, if I get time tomorrow or Tuesday, I'll try a little of each, purposefully making "mistakes", and see what each type of those errors do to the in-game display. As for the pillar, other than color (I thought the ones I had were brown), they can also be jagged on the edges of the pillar, and not smooth looking at all when up close to them. That might depend upon the type of error created also...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote