View Single Post
Old 07-19-18, 09:50 AM   #6354
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
interesting you should say this. i definitely noticed "weird" stuff happening Feb 28-Mar 1. i remember stalking TF and then they just disappeared. i chalked it up to the "layers" coming and going. however, 42a_Jap_TaskForce.mis must be phenomenally different than its predecessor because once March hit, i couldn't find s#$% to sink.
The "transitions" between layers have always been a bit weird, and lurker_hlb3 tried to "fix" it in RSRDC, though there were still noticeable "seams" in the traffic as one file finished, and the game waited for another to fully activate after loading. A side-effect of the use of RGG (Random Generated Groups) in the game.

Now, traveling ships go until their "termination" point, even if it takes them from December 8th, 1941 until August 15th, 1945 - they will stay active unless set otherwise. If you were near land though, some of the convoys and other groupings of ship do not go into harbors before "disappearing", but maybe only to the shallows near land, places a sane skipper wouldn't take his boat...

By the same token, we have been hunting down, and trying to eliminate all groups that terminate in the middle of the deep blue sea (other than AI subs and The Flying Dutchman) - there may well be some still in the mod. If you can give me a location, I can look and see. Also, generally speaking, the HarborTraffic layers wouldn't have a grouping of ships traveling the sea, though there are some around the Empire's Home Islands...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote