Old 11-11-16, 02:44 PM   #38
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Default I hereby nominite s7rikeback for Modder of the Year

• The category you are nominating for: Mod/Modder of the Year
  • The name of the nominee (correctly spelled): s7rikeback
  • The contents of his post or thread in QUOTES: Quoting Rockin Robbins in http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2440 - "The only difference is that it works now. Jeff-Groves set us on the right path, taught us a little history and S7rikeback executed the plan." There's another post in there somewhere that I have been trying to find for days, and I've given up for now. s7rikeback is standing on the shoulders of Jeff-Groves and Rockin Robbins, who stand on the shoulders of those who've gone before them, but s7rikeback has dug deeper than anyone before him. The simple things, including this: s7rikeback's FotRS U Bible
  • A link to the post or thread: WIP FOTRS Ultimate Project
  • Include your reason for the nomination, why you think it deserves an award: What s7rikeback has done, is clean-up the "Stock" version of Silent Hunter, in addition to the Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition mod (besides all the other stuff he's done for the team and mod). The mod went from nearly 3 gig in size, to less than one gig. Who'd a-thunk there was that much junk in the game or in the mod? He took all the tga-based ships, both stock and imported, and has them using dds files. Much improved load time, better / faster / prettier play time... I'm really looking forward to us finishing this up and getting the "base" mod out there.

I also think we could have a "Mod Manager of the Year", sort of like what MLB does... and I nominate Rockin Robbins for that, based upon the same mod and thread with s7rikeback. In his case, a vision, combined with the perseverence and patience to see it through to completion. Lesser fellers would have and have crumbled under less adversity.

Thanks to all. This is the best site, and the best community on the internet, and reflects well on the managers and owners.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-11-16 at 06:02 PM. Reason: The FotRS U Bible