View Single Post
Old 11-18-18, 08:10 AM   #11252
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Some more notes, this time in regards to the first two campaigns.

Coastal Waters

- The opening mission against the Polish Navy at Danzig, while fun, is inaccurate. No u-boats were involved in the attack. They had been sent out to the Atlantic, to be ready to attack British shipping. Therefore, it would be more accurate for the player to start at their German base, with Atlantic patrol missions available from the beginning.
- - But again, the Polish missions are fun. Perhaps the more accurate starting situation can be an optional mod?
- As the player is in the 2nd Flotilla, the only German bass they operate from should be Wilhelmshaven. The 2nd Flotilla was only based in Kiel for a few weeks in September 1936.
- Currently, the VII A only has the early war tower, with the flak gun on the deck. However, at some point (probably the winter of 39-40, like the VII Bs), this tower was changed to the enlarged type seen on the VII B and similar to that of the VII C. I’m not sure if it’s possible to make this an option for the VII A, though.

The Happy Times

- The player is again in the 2nd Flotilla in this campaign, and so the transfer of bases from Wilhelmshaven to Lorient needs no changing. However, the 2nd Flotilla never operated the type VII B (the default for this campaign). All the VII Bs at the time, including the famous U-47, U-48, U-99, and U-100, were in the 7th Flotilla. To be historically accurate, then, the player should be in the 7th Flotilla and start in Kiel, then transfer to St Nazaire.
- - However, if the player keeps their VII A from Coastal Waters, then they should still be in the 2nd Flotilla for this campaign, as no VII As were in the 7th. Another optional mod, perhaps?

I hope I’m not coming across as demanding, just want to help you make SH5 with TWoS the best it can possibly be.