View Single Post
Old 07-01-17, 11:49 AM   #4826
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Dave J. Harper View Post
i have a steam version with the uboat missions add on ... im not sure what you mean by "move the data folder'...
Did you install in the "Default" Steam folder, which is :C:\ Program Files (x860 \ Steam \ Silent Hunter..."? or maybe the AppData folder? Any of the Windows "protected" folders can cause issues with mods. TMO is enough like stock in many regards, so you may not notice issues with a partial activation. FotRSU, you will, since there's more ships and planes. You'll have to log into your Steam account and use the Library to move the game install, if you hadn't already done that. I'm not sure if Steam is still they same, since they continually update things (trying to keep up with MS I guess), but refer to Post #3 in THEBERBSTER's thread SH4 <> TUTORIALS <> HOW TO DO IT <> INFO <> DOWNLOAD LINKS -STICKY INDEX - which has all sorts of excellent reading material in it...

Now, if you don't have the game in a "protected" folder, and you used Microsoft's Archive Manager in Windows Explorer ("Extract here..." dialog after a right-click), it will double the folder structure such that you'll end up with "100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate....", with another folder "100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate..." below it, then the Data and Support folders below that. The mod will not activate correctly like that. You only want one "100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimat..." folder in the MODS folder, not two of them "stacked" like that. Either look in your MODS folder and see how the folder structure looks, or with the mod "activated", look in the game folder and see if you don't see a "100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate..." folder in there alongside the Data folder. If you do, it messed up your game install. JSGME should be able to get everything close to back to normal... maybe...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote