Thread: [TEC] Baltimore Class
View Single Post
Old 12-05-18, 06:36 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

There is no campaign for it, and if you do a SingleMission for it, you have to be at sea level, so check those. Here it is in Stock on my computer:

and slightly adapted the SingleMission I made for FotRSU:

The mission starts at 0700 hours (hence the lighting), and the CL Naka (yes, I'm a chicken when in a surface ship) at 10K yards is barely showing over the horizon. The secondaries open up at about 8500 or so, and I could get one shot from the 8" turret off before we got the "She's taking on water and going down, sir!" Less than two minutes in FotRSU (where I got the shot off and actually hit the Naka), and less than 3 minutes in Stock... One has to be careful in FotRSU, because of the Long Lance - Don't get too close!

The mod does overwrite some important files and would need re-working if you go to use it in FotRSU, but if that's all you're going to do, it works fine. I wasn't able to test it long enough to see if it quite shooting the five inchers after five minutes... they were too efficient - and I never got to try the torpedo. Yes, there is a torpedo on it.

Oh! Forgot to mention when doing the Campaign... It has a slightly different naming convention. Be sure of your UPC versus Flotilla typing.

Edit: I take that back. It does crash on mine in Campaign also... something conflicts, or else my double-checks of my double-checks for typos needs double-checking... - I did notice that it had Type10 and Type14 torps available as "upgrades" in-base, but that 18s were loaded in the two slots. It may well be a pre-v1.5 ship.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 12-05-18 at 07:01 PM. Reason: I take that back...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote