View Single Post
Old 07-06-17, 10:29 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

That's why I don't like these daily noodlings in my computer by Windows Update. They ruin "The Hive", which is what they've been calling "The Registry" since Vista-64, which I had on a laptop and absolutely despised, especially prior to SP2... I bet I had to restore that thang a half-dozen times because of one of their updates trashing things in "The Hive".

Probably what's going on with your install RR, is the windows update itself seems to hang. It's not really, it's just having a tough time of it downloading the updates, because Windows Update needs updating, but of course it can't, because Windows Update needs updating, which of course it can't... recursiveness - kind of a Catch-ah Twenty-Two... See if you can't find a slipstream article on the web somewhere of which updates ~have~ to be put on the install disk, so that you can not have all that "hanging" crap.

My thinking is that MS is doing that on purpose with Win7 (especially) and Win8, so that folks get so frustrated that they give in to MS and purchase the Win10 subscription. I've been meaning to do the same myself for a while now, because I really should re-install stuff on my "The Beast" and "freshen-up" a little...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote