View Single Post
Old 02-06-18, 10:35 PM   #15
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Best info about a sh5.exe replacement I've got on Steam forums is this, and as you see there is no feedback saying wether it works or not:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/48110/...5965292313897/

But try it, you should quickly find it out. Take or download the patch 1.2.0 which is easy to find, and then try to get the sh5.exe out of it in some tricky way. I guess that for normal people not having a degree of System Administrators will not be able to run this patch if they have not a previous non-DRM SH5 game installed, with the Steam version the patch should simply not launch.
Now if you can extract the sh5.exe out of the patch with the right tools, the better for you, but this is NOT in reach for everyone obviously.

Thus my statement about 'good for trashbin' for any Steam version still applies, but seeing your work and progress: not for long I hope
I don't think we understand each other...
I already know that the manual steam conversion works, that's not the issue here.

I just don't want to end up with a ton of "I-want-to-blow-some-ships" 'splosions hungry Steam warriors on my neck crying out laud how their Steam game "still can not work with TWoS", only to find out that they have v1.0.0 version of the game with 1.2.0 executable...If you know what I mean...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote