View Single Post
Old 09-12-16, 03:22 PM   #1853
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
It's my thought that the Maximum Unit Created=100 is the basic unit (ships) allowable within the specific time frame....1943a.

Since there are over 70 different groups of at least 2 possible units (ships) each in the 43a grouping. AND, if all were spawned at the same time, you'll have 140 units created. That's over the limit of what the game expects. I don't know what anomaly may occur when you exceed the games listed limit (there are other game files that list limits on entries as well)......but, a never ending convoy might be the result.
Taking the 1943a grouping as an example, each of the 70 "groups" in it can have up to 10,000 groups each, spawned, limited only by the time frame & spawn rate involved in the text file, and each of those groups could potentially have up to 100 units, limited only by the 'definition' of the units listed below the group definition, also in the text file... In stock, some of the groups loop back to waypoint one, and never reach a termination, but most mods that I've looked at (2xTMO & 2xFotRS & GFO samples) have a termination waypoint for the groups, but I don't think anyone's looked at all the groupings yet. I'm also looking to see if something gets left behind from stock when you do a mod, but it looks like the whole campaign folder gets wiped in most so far... and if there's something "off" in the game's spawn engine, we may not find anything "fixable" anyway. But there's cdrsubron7 & me looking. We'll see (I hope his eyes are better than mine).

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote