View Single Post
Old 06-29-17, 07:00 PM   #4807
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
that's pretty funny....the last part i mean.
so, i applied LAA and re-started a patrol from surabaya to zone A4 on Jan 22, 1942. made some kills along the way to A4, patroled for several days before i encountered a freighter...sank same. radioed back to base and they said RTB. so i did. along the way i sank a couple more marus. i got to a point SE of surabaya early on Jan 29 and received the prompt to end patrol, which i selected. bang. CTD. my course approx 310 speed 12 on the surface. cannot remember if there was a surface contact....maybe one but long range. things happen suddenly and it is difficult to keep constant awareness of ALL game conditions.
let me know if you think of something.
thanks.
That funny part? I learned that at work. ~Never~ admit culpability. ~Always~ blame someone else. "I had no prior knowledge. I didn't do it. I wasn't there when it happened"... - that kind of thang...

As for the CTD you describe, it hit as soon as you hit the "End Patrol" button? Coming into base, it almost would have to be an Ally vessel, if it's that, and we hadn't had any previously... Which boat did you have? I'd hate to think it's something to do with the CareerStart and / or Flotilla file... they are a bear to trouble-shoot...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-29-17 at 07:12 PM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote