Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-22-17, 06:42 PM   #5210
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

I hate to keep pestering you with questions mark bonamer, but since you are right at the edge for the spawning limit, I want to make sure what we have here. Can you look at your captain's report, and see what the ships that you sank are identified as? I cannot find a TaskForce group with 4 troop transports and 4 Matsu DD. Were there any oilers (tankers) with the grouping?

As an example, TC 112 has 2 modern, 2 big modern, 2 small, for 6 transports, and 1 Fubuki, 1 Yugomu, 2 Matsu DD. TC 111 has 3 Large Old, with 2 modern fleet tankers, and 4 Matsu. TC 102 has 2 Large Old, 2 Big Modern, 1 European (Conte Verde), 1 Yugomu, 1 Momi II, 2 Matsu. TC 100 has 1 European (Conte Verde) and 3 Matsu.

I say all of that because of this:

Here's our general area. Note the scale. Scale?? What scale??? Some dingbat cut the scale out of the screen grab... nutz...

Closer in, to be able to see FIVE groups close by...

And the root of the problem...

This is another reason Lurker did his RSRDC. It's nice to be able to find a Troop Convoy most times you go out, but by September 1944, I'm inclined to think that there were NOT this many... - That's like 28 to 30 groups out there... Anyway, you can see that the distinct possibility exists that you encountered two or more groups that had merged themselves together at the time of your encounter. Radar at 30k isn't very accurate at reporting the number of vessels, so since I can't find anything after some rather extensive (but fun) "testing", that is my current diagnosis, unless you can find something relevant to this to show otherwise. Notice in my "close-up" shot the "scale" lower left, and also the date stamp toward the upper right. Notice also the group Properties window, and this particular DD is set to Novice, hence your ability to knock off quite a few with your deck gun. As a heads-up, them dudes will be cranked back up later, for when the AI tweaks come in for the player to be able to dial things up or down... The DD with the Troop Transports and the Task Forces have been dialed back for current playability, but it does look like we have to turn the dial back on the frequency also... You might notice that there are 21 RGG in that file, yet there are at least 28 groups out and running. You might also notice the possibility of having upwards of 12 RGG traversing that stretch of the ocean... too much...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-23-17 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Scale? what scale??
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote