View Single Post
Old 02-27-19, 05:33 AM   #5
wizardmatt
Helmsman

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Hey, thanks for the reply and the suggestion. I'd also come across this mod in my research. It's discussed in one of the links I gave in the OP. I dismissed this one, too, because the functionality it provides is very different from the Assisted Plotting Mod, they have fundamentally different purposes.
Further to my last post, I am now pretty satisfied with my tests. These tests aren't exhaustive, nor particularly scientific, but have provided me with useful comparisons. In a nutshell, for Assisted Plotting to be at all functional in GWX, then h.sie's No Continuous Ship Spotted mod is essential. It can be found here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154745 Without it, Assisted Plotting disrupts the use of time compression so much - especially in port, my testing environment - that it effectively makes TC unusable under certain circumstances. With both Assisted Plotting and No Continuous Ship Spotted, time compression does not function as well as plain GWX without Assisted Plotting, but it is at least functional, in addition to providing the benefits of Assisted Plotting.
A final point is that, from what I can see, the Watch Officer in GWX is quite "trigger happy" anyway, at least in port. In fact, going forward, even if I were to dump Assisted Plotting, I'd probably use No Continuous Ship Spotted anyway. YMMV vOv
Thanks for the help so far. I'll keep this thread posted with any new observations. Similarly, if anyone else wishes to weigh in with observations of their own, that would be great o7
wizardmatt is offline   Reply With Quote