Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 11-25-16, 11:18 AM   #2738
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

... and "Copy that" Hitman. That's what we were trying to deal with. The Sea is Bismarck. The dude was Bismarck. The ship was Bismarck. However, Silent Hunter Three said it was Bismark, no "C", see? ... We'd been trying to get it to where at least the user saw "Bismarck" but the game would see "Bismark", but it is too confusing to keep straight, even for those who know to be careful with the name. Therefore, we're (at this time) going with "Bismark" so that the game runs correctly, no ifs ands or butts about it, with the one spelling "error" of Bismark, and apparently, a misidentifying of the vessel on sonar as a merchant (I don't understand that one just yet)... In order to "fix" the spelling, every line of every file of the whole ship has to be gone through. DAT, DSD, EQP, SIM, SNS, TGA, DDS, VAL, ZON, etc., and there are multiples of some of those. Not only that, but several other GE vessels are "built" upon the "Bismark" (not Bismarck), and ~they~ would all have to be changed, all files... Maybe at some point in the future, someone will be bored with life, and endeavor to undertake the task, and accomplish it, but not us at this time.

In the meantime, in the Google Drive for the CTDs is the "612_BismarkNoC.7z" fixit, which has the Names.cfg, and three mission files in it that work together. We'll want s7rikeback to double-check the propbeanie's "work", and everybody give it a go. I do have "fotograffic" evidence it does work. I'm going over to fotobukkett now for some uploads and links later...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote