Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 03-09-17, 09:40 PM   #4138
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Yeah, I'm not gonna get to it tonight for max-peck there, cdrsubron7, I've taken ill and am just checking in...

CapnScurvy, the TC does stop at 2048, as intended, but every once in a while, like twice a cruise (??), when changing stations, the TC does NOT drop back down. I was on a 16x while on the chart screen, watching my turn, lining up a shot approach, went to the periscope and the scope was ~UP~! But the world was bouncing all over the place like crazy. Then I noticed the TC was still at 16x. That would explain the periscope appearing to have been up. It just went up really fast... Went back to the chart, and went to 1x. Had it earlier in a Single Mission with similar circumstances, where changing stations does not drop the TC back. This is useful under some circumstances, but not all, of course .

As for the collision stuff, from what I've seen at Pearl and Brisbane, and now at Dutch Harbor and Truk, when a vessel backs up, neither it nor the victim seem to realize that there has been a collision. I've got a screenie downstairs I can post tomorrow of a PT boat at Dutch Harbor doing all kinds of weird across the bay... then at Truk, these ships, merchants and warship alike, are constantly running into the "reefs", standing still for 5-10 minutes, then backing up for miles at a time, to only then pull forward on just a slightly changed bearing, right back into the same situation they were in previously, sometimes worse. Heaven forbid if there's another vessel behind them when they reverse, or you can end up with what's shown above. The odd thing is, if either one tries to pull ahead, they will start the destructive process and start taking damage... Transparent sterns?...

Finally, s7rikeback... that's the same Yubari we've had issues with before, isn't it? I still can't figure out why the Pensacola doesn't "spawn" in an RGG. Get all kinds of the other CA, but I haven't seen a Pensacola in forever...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote