View Single Post
Old 02-19-18, 07:50 AM   #3594
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Well, after looking in the Campaigns / CampaignGE / PatrolObjectives folder, I found 14 folders with OPUSECxx, and inside them, instructions in their respective TSR files for patrolling off the East coast of the US. Finding the correct MIS-TSR set of files is the difficult part, especially since Lurker oftentimes uses the grid assignment as part of the files and folders names. But after finding those, I looked in the PatrolObjectives.cfg file in Data / UPCDataGE / UPCCampaignData folder and searched on the "OPUSEC" term, and found the assignments, and he does use "OPUSEC" as the "AllMatch=", which is how the game assigns the missions. I then opened the Flotillas.upc file and searched for where the Flotillas boats are assigned that on the "ObjectiveCode=" line. Flotilla 2 does NOT participate in the East coast assignments. The East coast is covered as follows:
1. Flotilla 4 - Wilhemshaven with 2 assignments between 1941-12-01 and 1942-05-15
2. Flotilla 5 - Kiel with one assignment between 1942-02-15 and 1942-05-15
3. Flotilla 6 - also Kiel, with one assignment between 1942-02-15 and 1942-05-15
4. Flotilla 7 - Lorient with one assignment between 1942-01-15 and 1942-05-15
5. Flotilla 23 - Kiel - one assignment between 1942-01-01 and 1942-01-31
In all of these, any of the 14 US East coast locations could be assigned, based upon dates and your flotilla location. If you look at any of the MIS files, you would see this:

Kiel is the place to be to have the greatest chance of assignment, with Flotilla 4 getting the largest chance of assignment. The assignments do depend upon the date you come back in from a previous patrol, and how much "rest" your crew has had... I have not looked for the Indian Ocean assignments yet, and those might take a bit to find...

BTW: Do ~NOT~, under any circumstances, click on the OK button on anything in the Mission Editor, if you open any of the OpMonsun files. If you do, you will alter the files from the way lurker_hlb3 intended them, sometimes even rendering them useless. If you look at anything using the Mission Editor, always "Cancel" out of the screens. This is not anything that Lurker did purposefully. This is the behavior of the Mission Editor itself. It wants certain lines in the MIS files to be set at certain "minimum" levels. The game does NOT like a "schedule", and will ruin anything that tries, if you let it. Do not "Save" anything... You have been warned!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 0900 Eastern: All I can find of the "Monsun Gruppe" assignments is a 7C boat out of Flotilla 23 Kiel as being assigned in October 1943 to travel that way. I have not found how the transfer occurs, other than the date assignment of between about October 5th and 10th... maybe. There are a couple of types of 7C boats in that flotilla, and lurker used a different ID code than what I'm used to looking at, and I haven't looked at his boat "definitions" yet to interpret it. But again, a different flotilla than what you're in...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 02-19-18 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Be forewarned - OM assignment
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote