Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-16-18, 06:41 AM   #6487
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

In all of my testing, and most other 'witnesses' experiences, the Balao works fine, even when the game issues it "early", of which I am guessing is something that the devs hard-wired into the game - whether purposeful as a "reward" for 'excellent' game play, or accidental (repeated mission fix??), is hard to say. I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. The problem with getting the boat early, is that there are no missions specifically assigned for it until February, 1943. The only mission available initially would be the game's built-in default of East China Sea. One thing I did discover in the testing, is that the game will reach out and try to find ~something~ to assign to your boat, even if all mission assignments are removed. It will go alphabetically, starting in the "Patrol" folders of the Patrol Objectives, which happens to be an Attu mission - The actual mission files themselves have to be removed from the game before you'll get a "No objective found" message from the game - or else there is a typo somewhere...

All of the equipment on the Balao should function. You might have to move crew members around to their stations, but I was able to immediately purchase upgrades for the deck gun, AA, and improved radar, take the boat out, and use it all to good effect. Of note, is that no matter how much renown you spent on customizing your previous boat to pretty it up, you can't bring it with you to the Balao, but the skipper following you on your old boat sure appreciates your largess.

Edit: A couple of things I've been meaning to ask you mark bonamer about your experience with the Balao, was #1, whether you remember the amount of renown you had, either side of getting the Balao assignment, and #2, whether you looked on your crew screen prior to departure with the Balao, to see if your Watch Crew were in the protected Watch Lounge, or at their Watch Stations? If you don't remember, no biggie, we'll get by. Thanks.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-16-18 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Are You Experienced?
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote