View Single Post
Old 12-30-17, 03:35 PM   #7
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Ahhhh, but there ~IS~ a Silent Hunter that can do the IJN, and that just happens to be "Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific", aka SH4, but only if you do the v1.5 with Uboats, or better still, the Gold Editions. I direct thee to Amazon dot com (via the SubSim Shopping linkie):

Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific Gold Edition

Do NOT install it in the default "C:\Program Files (x86) \ Ubisoft..." directlory, but rather edit that line, and make it either a different drive altogether, or at least get rid of the "Program Files (x86)" portion of the path. Windows is very protective of its system, and will not allow you to mod the game in that Program Files directory. Anyway, after you get it installed, and have JSGME (JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler (I'm not sure if that's v2.6 or not) and 7Zip ready to go, then go find the keltos01 JyunsenB (includes JyunsenB, AM Type, Kaidai and Kaichu) (Release Thread) and the Sen Toku, downloads.

Peabody started work on a campaign, which did not get finished, but I've taken to working on it. With all of the current happenings in the FotRSU mod, I have had to put CMN on the back burner for a few weeks again, but still do experimental missions in it (for future use in it and FotRSU). Cybermat47 took some of the files and made a quick "campaign" for the first keltos01 mod above. It is mostly the German Campaign, but you're driving an IJN boat. Zuikaku1944 was also working on some files, but I don't know as he ever uploaded those for public use, but they will be in the Climb Mount Niitaka mod when it comes out. The most difficult part of making a Japanese campaign is the fact that they thought of war just a little differently than the Westerners, besides the fact that they had some innovations on their submarines that are not allowed for in the Silent Hunter series game engine, like launching planes and / or Daihatsu barges and / or Kaiten from your submarine... so we'll definitely be missing some of the "action" of a Japanese submarine, but hopefully, not all of it. Just remember, Peabody has quite a lot going on in real life and isn't able to join us here very often, and keltos01 is also busy with real life, but I think he enjoys his job just a little too much for sanity's sake (), so you don't "see" a whole lot of activity going on with the mod...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote