View Single Post
Old 06-25-14, 10:00 AM   #3627
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post

I have re-read my thread and it might be taken that by using WOS instead of Sober's you may get ctd's and I will amend it.
No, I've understood you very well ...You said that TWoS "has bugs and glitches as you can tell from the The Wolves of Steel thread" and that's "definitely not proven" ?!
With over 3000 downloads and only handful CTD reports (half of them are user related) I'm really eager to hear how did you come to that conclusion...
On the other hand, I could tell you that TWoS and any other current modlist/megamod is stable as it can be and when one of them CTD probably all of them will do the same because they all follow same pattern. The differences are mostly in few non relevant graphical mods. To say that one modlist has more problems then other without actual testing neither of them is nothing less then superficial conclusion.

Now, regarding Mighty Fine crew With beards ...
I understand your wish to help people but sometimes inadequate help can do more harm than good. It seems to me that you don't quite understand "mechanics" of large modlists which is pretty strange for someone with so meny helpful tutorials under his belt ... You should not follow readme instructions blindly , especially if the mod is created long time ago. Certain mods are developed to serve as compatibility patches which means that they need to contain all the changes from conflicting mods in order to maintain their full functionality . In that case, original mods MUST be overwritten even if their readme files are saying "enable last, do not overwrite" ect.

In this case , you advised the man to enable Mighty Fine crew With beards at the and of this example modlist under the excuse that it's readme file says "enable it anywhere, anytime, game save compatible" ?!

Code:
Patrolsearch autoscriptsV04
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
But what about MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible which is designed to contains changes both from MFCM and MCCD in order to sustain functionality of this normally conflicting mods. By installing Mighty Fine crew With beards after the MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible you would brake that compatibility and end up with broked modlist without features of MCCD.

Do you see my point now?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote