the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnersDaddy View Post
If I open it in Mission Editor (which I have NO idea how to use) everything comes up as it should and I can see the Queen Mary's waypoints. It seems that the ship actually has a waypoint right in front of my original waypoint. Anyway, after 8 failed missions I have yet to locate the QM.

My question is, what am I missing? How can it possibly be this hard to find a 1,035 foot long ship in the Irish Sea?
Hi Rob, welcome to Subsim!

Can't say I've used the SH5 mission editor yet, but I remember all to well from my SH3 days just how tricky, (and downright misleading) waypoints can often be.

And that even when you appear to be right on top of them!

If it was me, I'd double check to make sure we're on maximum zoom before estimating her position. If that still doesn't nail her down, you could always have a look at this tutorial in order to edit the waypoints (and starting spawn position) for yourself:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164578

Once you know where she's gonna start, the task of making contact should be a lot easier. Good luck, and I hope you find her in your scope soon!

Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote